Martins Road Family Medical practice currently has one practicing dietitian, Ruta Phatak.
Ruta is an accredited practising Dietitian who graduated from the University of South Australia with a post graduate degree, Masters of Dietetics. She is currently pursuing a Diabetic Educator course. She is a qualified dietitian with experience if efficiently conducting nutritional assessments, providing evidence based advice and practical solutions.
Ruta strongly believes in using a patient centred approach to help individuals achieve nutritional goals and a healthy lifestyle. She has also completed the online training for health professionals for the use of a low FODMAP diet for IBS management from the MONASH University.
Coming from an Indian background, she is very well versed in Hindi and Marathi.
Aim/Goal as a Dietetic Practitioner:
- Patient Empowerment
- Promote healthy balanced eating
- Use evidenced based guidelines to make an informed decision
Areas of Interest:
- Chronic disease management – Diabetes, Cardiovascular diseases
- Obesity & weight management
- IBS management, FODMAP diets, Coeliac/gluten intolerance
- Vegan/vegetarian diets
- Healthy eating
- Tailored meal plan
- Supermarket tours
- Group sessions/seminars
- Nutritional workshops – label reading